The South Coast Pastel Society (SCPS) is calling for entries for the
South Coast Pastel Society 3rd National Pastel Exhibition.
All the relevant Exhibition details are below, including how to enter. The quickest / simplest way to lodge an entry for the Exhibition is Online, CLICK the Application Form TAB above, and fill in the form. If you wish to Mail or Email your Application, click the Options / Other TAB Above.
South Coast Pastel Society National Pastel Exhibition
17 to 27 April 2018
Opening Night Tuesday 17 April
INFORMATION AND ENTRY PROCEDUREThe South Coast Pastel Society (SCPS) is calling for entries for the
South Coast Pastel Society 3rd National Pastel Exhibition.Entry into the exhibition will be in two stages:
- Entrants to submit an entry form (see below) and non-refundable entry fee for each painting accompanied by digital image/s for pre-selection.
- Finalists will then be invited to deliver their actual painting/s for judging and for exhibition in the South Coast Pastel Society National Pastel Exhibition.
JUDGING:Our independent judges will make an initial assessment of each painting based on digital image/s provided. Prior to the exhibition opening to the public, the finalists’ painting/s will be judged by the two independent judges in person. If there are major discrepancies between the original digital image submitted for pre selection and the actual pastel painting delivered for judging, the painting will be removed from the exhibition.
METHODS OF SUBMITTING YOUR DIGITAL IMAGES:
CREATION OF A DIGITAL IMAGEEntrants must submit a digital image of each painting they wish to enter for pre-selection, along with a completed entry form and entry fee.
- The image must be in JPG format no more than 2 MB in size
- There should be no symbols (such as : , *’()<>” etc.) in the filename of your image
- The file name should include the word ‘ENTRY’ your name, the title of the painting and the category (see below), e.g.
ENTRY Danielle Williams Across the River Landscape
SUBMITTING A DIGITAL IMAGE AND ENTRY FORMDigital images for pre-selection can be submitted in one of the following ways:
- By completing the form on our website southcoastpastelsociety.com (see Application Form TAB above)
- Emailed via email@example.com
The Exhibition Coordinator
The South Coast Pastel Society Inc.
PO Box 698
NSW 2536Follow your computer’s instructions to burn images/files onto a disk. Ensure the filename of your entry is written as per the above procedure.
ENTRY FORMS AND PAYMENT OF FEES:The entry form can be found at our website at www.southcoastpastelsociety.com in the ‘Events Exhibitions’ section. Alternatively you may request a copy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 0244713056 Please download/print/fill out the form and send it with the entry form to:
The South Coast Pastel Society Inc.
PO Box 698
Alternatively you can email your entry to email@example.com ensuring that the file name has the words:
ENTRY FORM and your name. e.g. ENTRY FORM, Danielle Williams.
ENTRY FEE:An entry fee of: $20 SCPS Members. (Note this fee only applies to current member’s) $30 Non Members Is to be paid for each painting submitted for pre-selection. The entry fee is non-refundable. Payment may be made using Direct Debit:
Bank Account Details:Name: South Coast Pastel Society Inc Bank name: Commonwealth BSB: 062650 Account No.: 00900923 Please ensure you describe your Direct Debit payment with the words: NPE and Your Name.
NOTIFICATION TO FINALISTS AND ARTIST’S STATEMENTS
- All entrants will be informed via email/post if their painting/s has made the finals or not by Wednesday 16 March.
- Finalists are to provide an Artist’s Statement pertaining to their successful entry. It must include the name of the artist, the title of the painting and the price of the painting. This needs to be submitted as a word document with a file name matching the image file name, replacing the word ENTRY with AS e.g.
AS Danielle Williams Across the River Landscapesand sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2 March.
- The Artist’s Statement must be in Word formatted using Arial 12 point font, single spacing
DELIVERY OF PAINTINGS AND ASSOCIATED COSTS:The artist is responsible for the delivery/transport of paintings to the exhibition, including cost of courier and appropriate insurance etc. While paintings are in the possession of the SCPS they will be covered by SCPS insurance.
- Paintings may be delivered by hand to the venue on Sunday 15 April
- Paintings may be delivered by courier between to: Wednesday 11 April
RULES OF PARTICIPATION:
- The painting/s must be produced by your own hand without tutelage or assistance from any other party and not produced during a workshop/lesson with any other person
- The painting/s must be at least 75% pastel.
- The painting/s must be have been produced within the last 12 months and not previously exhibited.
- No more than 3 entries may be submitted by any one artist
- No more than 2 entries may be submitted by any one artist in any one category
- The digital image/s of the painting/s submitted must be a true and accurate representation of the actual painting/s
- Painting/s submitted to the exhibition must be framed to a professional standard, with flat D Rings 10cm below the top of the frame and plastic coated wire or cord.
- Paintings must measure no more than one metre square including the frame.
- Painting/s must have a label on the back with the artist’s name, name of painting and price
- Painting/s may be refused entry at the discretion of the judges if they do not meet one or more of the above requirements
- Any paintings left on the premises after 4pm on 27 April may fall under the conditions of the Unclaimed Goods Act.
- The paintings may be featured, credited to the artist, on the SCPS website or published in hard copy articles about the Exhibition.
CATEGORIES:Paintings may be entered into one or more of the following categories. No Artist will be awarded more than one prize.
- Still Life/Interiors
Best in Show$2000
Framed by Tracey Awards for the best painting by a member of the SCPS$700
First Prize $400, Second $200, Third $100
The Batemans Bay Funerals Award for Landscape$300
The Capital Chemist Award for Seascape$300
The Amanda’s of Mogo Award for Portraiture/Life$300
The Batemans Bay Funerals Award for Flora/Fauna$300
The Tomakin Social Club Award for Abstract/Contemporary$300
The South Coast Property Specialist’s Award Still Life/Interior$300
A second prize of $100 will be awarded in Categories 1 to 6
The Art Spectrum People’s Choice Award $300
Winners of all categories except the People’s Choice will be announced at the opening of the exhibition.
The People’s Choice winner will be notified at the conclusion of the exhibition.
CONDITIONS OF SALE & COMMISSION:
- Artists may not change any of the information submitted in the entry form, including price of the painting
- Artists will be informed directly upon the sale of any painting
- The South Coast Pastel Society will charge a commission of 25% upon the sale of any painting in the exhibition
- Paintings may not be removed from the exhibition for delivery or otherwise until the conclusion of the exhibition
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2018
|Friday 2 March||Closing date for the return of entry forms/digital image submission|
|Friday 9 March||Pre-selection completed|
|Monday 12 March||Finalists notified|
|Wednesday11 April||Final day for delivery of couriered paintings|
|Sunday 15 April||Hand delivery of paintings/set up of exhibition between 11.30 and 12.30|
|Monday 16 April||Judging|
|Tuesday 17 April||Opening of Exhibition|
|Friday 27 April||Close of Exhibition – Pick up of unsold paintings after 4pm|
|Friday 27 April||Return of unsold couriered paintings by arrangement of entrant|