Seeking out fabulous vistas, colours and tricks of light and shade whilst travelling on numerous remote and iconic outback tracks has become my passion. Recording how I see the extraordinary juxtaposition of harshness and beauty is what drives me to paint.
In recent years, I’ve studied pastels and printmaking in Canberra and over the last three years have taken fabulous classes (in oils and acrylics) with Michael Winters (ANU CCE) – travelling to Canberra once a week during semester.
Significant Recent Awards
• Finalist in Meroogal Women’s Art Prize
• 1st in Landscape, 2nd in Seascape South Coast Pastel Exhibition National Pastel Exhibition 2018
• Peg Minty Landscape Award – Spring Exhibition Artists Society of Canberra
• (ASOC) First – Pastel Section Spring Exhibition ASOC
• Finalist M16 Drawing Prize